Macallan Edition No. 6
The Macallan Edition No.6 takes its inspiration from the landscapes around the Macallan estate, particularly the River Spey. During the fishing season, Macallan’s Ghillie, Robert Mitchell, will take a few lucky people out fishing for Atlantic salmon. So this particular expression is a collaboration between Macallan’s whiskymaker Steven Bremner, Ghillie Robert Mitchell, and Hardy - a well renowned maker of fishing tackle.
The cask make up of this limited edition whisky is 26% hogsheads and 74% butts, all of which are sherry seasoned. The casks included 1st fill and 2nd fill, and both European and American oak; in detail, the cask make up is:
- 1st fill Tevasa butts in American oak
- 1st fill JMM Hogsheads in European oak
- 1st fill Teresa butts and Hogsheads in European oak
- 2nd fill butts in both American and European oak
- 1st fill Vasyma butts in American oak